Face is most susceptible to weight gain than any other part of our body. And the worst part is that it is practically impossible to hide unwanted face fat. An even greater problem is that it is not easy to lose fat from the face. But a regular weight loss program followed by some facial exercises will help you greatly to lose fat on the facial area. It should also be noted that in the process of losing weight naturally, it is the face that shows considerable difference. Along with these exercises and a thorough diet, you will also need dedication to carry on further.
Facial fats develop from several reasons which include being overweight, soft facial muscles, genetics and ageing. Excessive consumption of alcohol also leads to a chubby face. Technically it is not possible to lose weight from one single part of the body. You have to work on the whole body to achieve a thinner face.
In this article, you will discover some really simple steps to lose face fat. So read below to understand how to loose weight from your face.
Exercise is the most effective way to reduce fat on your face as it has a direct impact on your body than any other means. Exercising increases blood circulation which burns the unwanted body fat in the form of sweat.
1. The easiest and most important of all the exercises is running. Start running or jogging on a daily basis. Running and cycling helps to lose fat from the face and also keeps the body fit.
2. For areas around the eyes, close your eyes gently, and then look up and down. Do not rush through this exercise and ensure that you repeat this exercise several times a day.
3. Lie on a flat bed. Open your eyes wide and raise your eyebrows as high as you can. Relax and repeat this exercise ten times.
4. In order to slim chin area, extend chin and bottom lips out and up. Perform this exercise at least 10 times a day.
5. Exercise facial muscles by raising and lowering your eye brows, wrinkling your nose, alternately smiling and puckering your lips. Do each of the exercises at least 10 times a day.
6. Smile as wide as you can and stick out your tongue and raise it close to your nose. Hold it in this position for 5 seconds and repeat as much as you can.
Food and water intake:
First, you need to reduce the amount of sugar and salt intake. Both sugar and salt contain high levels of sodium which leads to more fat accumulation. Refined sugar and salt in our diet contribute to water retention, and can make your face look fatter. Sodium doesn’t allow flushing of unwanted fluids. They keep accumulating in our body and add to excess fat. Also avoid street foods as you don’t know how much salt or sugar is added to them.
Totally avoid caffeine for the first two weeks of your weight program.
Include green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits in your diet. Take at least 3 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. Vegetables and fruits are rich in fibre and will keep you full for a long time. They also contain good amount of liquids in them which will avoid bloating and keep you hydrated for a long time. Some fruits contain high calories so choose your fruits carefully. Go for apples, grapes, oranges and berries as they are packed with antioxidants which will help to lose fat on the face.